Monday, October 13, 2008

really?

I like to say that I wish the girls were small again - but really I am glad they aren't.
I like to think that I raised them to be responsible and careful and gave them advice and a little wisdom to help them avoid some pitfalls along the way- but really in the end it is all about their personal choices and not so much about me.
I like to think that I am an encourager - but really I am more of a Debbie Downer.
I like to think that my life would have turned out easier had I went to college - but really I know plenty of graduates who don't have it any easier than me.
I like to think that I am eating healthy and will feel 100% soon - but really I think that was way wishful thinking.
I like to think that we are raising Abe to be a gentleman that will grow up and be a good provider and the best daddy and husband - but really we spoil him rotten. Hopefully, he will be all those things in spite of us.
I like to think that when I get my nails done they will last more than 24 hours - but really they won't.
I like to think that to government will get it's act together - but really both candidates are what they are. Politicians.
I like to think that I could plant mums in the ground and they would come back next fall - but they won't. I have tried it.
I like to think that the glass if half full - but really I only see half empty.
I like to think that I can pass accounting I -but really I should never have enrolled.
I like to think that tomorrow is a new day and a new chance to have an attitude adjustment - but really how many times do I say this before it will actually happen?

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow, seriously Debbie. You need a big piece of GF cake to make you feel better.

Anonymous said...

wow...DERPRESSING!
can things really be that bad mom?!