Thursday, October 8, 2009

a whole lotta draggin' going on

Jamie asked me if I thought Abe was easy because he was my third. Would I have felt the same had he been my first born? Honestly, I had never even given much thought to that until she asked me.

He has been easy since he made his grand entrance. OK. The birth and C-Section were the worst ever but since then....easy. Is that because he was my third? Is it because I was older and had been through the drill twice before? Or was it that he had a big sister who was 10 when he was born and thought he was her real live baby doll. She was a huge help (and continues to be).

Sometimes I think he is coming out ahead to have been born when he was. Mostly, I feel bad for the little guy. I think he got the raw end of the deal. He doesn't have any brothers or sisters to hang out with or argue with or share life with. I know when he is an adult those things will change (I pray).

We seem to have lots going on and he gets drug everywhere and has to share our grown up agendas. I promised him last weekend that we would spend Saturday afternoon hanging out. One on one. Doing HIS things. We walked to the park and played games. I felt like HE was dragging me on adventures that he wanted to do. I loved it. If I don't schedule those things with him they don't happen.

Annie is coming home this weekend. The craziness continues but I will make sure Abe doesn't get left out. We will just drag him with us. And maybe, before it's all said and done, he can drag us with him. I sure hope so.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I think he's easy b/c you've mastered the art of mothering!!

Casey said...

Agreed!