"It would have been the perfect night to go the football game."
"Yes it is. Randy should have taken his dad, except for the crowd."
"Right. it would have been the perfect night for the football game except for all the people."
"Right. The person right beside you may have the Swine Flu and then sneeze all over you."
"Right. You would be sitting really close to everybody."
"Weird. I think I felt some rain drops."
"Me, too. I thought I felt them back at the Car Wash."
"Really? Let's look at the street lights and see if we see anything."
"I don't see anything."
"Me, either."
"Cathy Carrier said a very slight chance of rain."
"Great. Randy was going to paint our house in the morning. That is a sure sign it will rain."
"Gee....it's really coming down."
"Let's run. We can start our jogging tonight."
"Just call me Rocky Balboa with my grey hoodie on."
"At LEAST you have a hoodie."
"Randy should come and pick us up unless he is in the basement and does not know it's raining."
"Whatever happened to our plan of never being without a cell phone?"
"hmmm....."
"Look at the street lights. It is really raining!"
"Let's run into Pizza Hut and call him."
"oops. That was the Health Department. Now I got the answering machine. I should have probably left a message. I'll try the cell. Maybe he is on his way right now. Or maybe he doesn't hear the phone."
"I'll call Chad and then he can keep trying call Randy."
"You didn't even know it was raining?"
"I guarantee you that Randy doesn't even know it's raining, either."
we leave Pizza Hut. It is still pouring rain.....
"Maybe we should go into Quiznos and call again."
What if they see Quiznos and Wendy's and Pizza Hut on caller ID? That would be funny."
"You should call Liz to run across the street and tell Randy to come and get us."
"I'm guessing by the time that happens we will be almost home."
"I am so glad we didn't go to the game."
we are drenched. Randy and Abe pull up to the curb.
"Why didn't you answer the phone?"
"I told dad that I thought Pizza Hut was prank calling us. I answered and could hear a bunch of people laughing."
"I think that was us laughing."
Thanks for the ride, boys!
1 comment:
I am cracking up remembering our eventful walk in the rain!
Post a Comment