Thursday, October 20, 2011

my favorite room - part two



Thanks for coming back! Here is the rest of my favorite room!

I'm a reader and I think that is why I love this corner of our room. This chair looks out a South floor to ceiling window. The chair is so cute! It is rose colored with a fringe skirt. It has definitely been loved in a past life so I disguise all that love by "layering" blankets and pillows on top (OK. My blankets and pillows sometimes show lots of love, too)  Remember I said I imagine master bedrooms with white furry rugs? Mine just happens to be on the ottoman.

I have a thing for old mirrors. I may be in rehab for it soon. It doesn't matter what size, color or what they are made out of. I can just hear Randy saying "ANOTHER MIRROR?" Here is the deal. They are plentiful and they are cheap. This one is plastic. One would never know! Much easier to hang on plaster, too. You can spray paint it any color under the sun and so it is a fun way to add something whimsical into your home.  It is impossible to wake up in a grumpy mood with that Sunshine yellow mirror to greet you.

Be Brave! Be Bold!


My name is Stephanie and I have a problem with rings.  I was in trouble when I found that at Forever 21 you can score super cute rings for $2.49.  Abby surprised me with this ceramic egg tray (Anthropologie) and it's perfect for my ever growing collection. Vintage tea cups are great, too.  I have also found that by setting this all on a tray my dresser looks much neater.  There you have it - our master bedroom! One more thing - the master bath is down the hall. It's the community bath. Families have been known to be closer with a shared bath. More time to bond and share in small talk - all while brushing teeth, straightening hair and putting on makeup. Just ask my kids. I would not recommend this without a huge vanity and double sinks, however.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Except we still managed to survive for 18 years without a double sink!

Rhonda said...

Someday....someday when I'm willing to spend lots of money, I will go shopping with you and make you redecorate my bedroom. And, yes, I realize I will not be able to have any two pieces actually come from the same furniture set.