When I hear master bedroom I think of a huge bedroom with a fireplace, fur rug on the floor and a huge walk in closet. It would absolutely have an attached private bathroom.
I have to laugh. In 27 years of marriage I have never had a "master bedroom" as I imagine it. The newest house we have ever lived in was built in 1935 and that is not how houses were built in the stone ages. We are lucky to have indoor plumbing!
Thank goodness I find old house bedrooms to be very quaint. Our bedroom has character and lots of charm but it does present several challenges. Thankfully - we DO have his and her closets. Those closet are like a needle in a haystack in an old house that has not had a major renovation.
I was not necessarily looking for a gray and yellow quilt but this was a bargain at Target one day. Do you know me? I can hardly ever walk away from a great deal. Especially one that is so CUTE! I already had those yellow striped shams from a tag sale from last summer. (I think those were a whopping 25 cents) White coverlet at the end of the bed tag sale this summer. It was originally at home in our camper but I moved into my house after our last camping trip. White sweater euro shams super clearance at Kohls. That adorable Love You More sign is from Wal-Mart. I had to have that because that is what we always say to each other. Besides those wall lamps - it is the only thing purchased full price. That sign was $11.97. I do believe in a splurge now and again.
This rock is my pride and joy! I found it at the lake on our couples camping weekend. How perfect is that! You just never know when you will find that perfect home accessory. In this case - at the bottom of the lake. I had it outside and then thought what a better place than on my armoire!
Here is my advice - buy what you love. Somehow - it will all work together.
...master bedroom to be continued
2 comments:
I agree that you should buy the things you love! You might not always find the look in a magazine, but those unique things will always make you smile and feel at home! My houndstooth ottoman from TJ Maxx doesn't really go with my house, but it is one of my favorite pieces of furniture!
I agree! If it makes me happy I want it in my house...if it doesn't...I don't.
Post a Comment