My baby girl is 20.
Twenty.
10 + 10 = 20
She is grown up.
She left today.
All by herself.
She packed and loaded her car all by herself.
Except for the chair her dad shoved into the backseat for her.
She moved back to college.
She will be a junior. (gulp)
She went all by herself.
We aren't hauling a loft bed that she will wind up not using.
No dorm fridge or XL twin sheets.
We aren't moving furniture for an apartment.
No bed . No dresser. No garage sale jewels for decorating.
Everything is still there from the spring.
The only think missing is her. And her clothes. And her floral chair.
And my waffle iron that is older than her. I'm glad she took it.
And she took the cute old metal typing stand that we painted watermelon pink.
And she drove away.
This is the first year I did not cry.
I wonder why that is.
I'm going up for a visit Friday.
I can hardly wait to see her.
No comments:
Post a Comment