We woke up to RAIN! What a cozy way to spend the day at home. Indoors. Making waffles. Drinking coffee. Reading in the window seat. Relaxing.
But we had school and work so that makes the rain not near as much fun.
The kids LOVE walking in the rain for some reason. That involved us hunting down much needed rain gear at 7:35 this morning.
1. Abe's Anorak. Pretty sure it is still in the camper. Not to fret! He can wear mine. I'm not sure why mine wasn't in the camper but anywho - a little big - but he's a trooper.
2. Abe's umbrella. I specifically bought him his own big boy umbrella last year. Today, however, all we could find was a HUGE Mary Poppins black umbrella and his teeny weeny Spider Man umbrella. Not to fret! He dug through last years backpack in the closet and found his very own (right sized) umbrella.
3. A rain cover for Abe's homemade kite. The kite is in progress and so it could not get wet. It is awkward without the rain. Not to fret! We found a BIG (way TOO big) yellow plastic sack that his entire kite fit in. As well as any elementary kid who may need cover from the rain on the way to school.
I wish I had a picture of my little guy today. I don't so this word picture will have to do.
a rain jacket to his knees. a lunch box in one hand. a BIG yellow plastic bag in one hand. his camo umbrella (somehow) He left whistling- happy as a lark. walking to school in the rain.
I am pretty sure he forgot to put on his glasses.
3 comments:
Oh Abe! I can just imagine this all playing out.
That is too funny about the yellow bag...he told us it was his kite, but I thought the "yellow bag" was his kite!
Wish I could have seen him...gotta love it...
Post a Comment