Thursday, April 9, 2009

No Easter Bunnies

The bunnies didn't make it and Abe did not take to that news very well.

He dug a wooden box out from under his bed and emptied the contents all over his floor. Then he wrote on the top of it with a sharpie:

Here Lies:
Bugs II
Jr.
Sissy (Annie's nickname)
Lullaby
GoJo (Abby's nick name)

This morning we could not find his glasses. He went to school without them. He remembered taking them off when he was crying really hard about those bunnies. When we were looking for his glasses earlier I could not help but notice the MESS his room was. Before work I did a quick run through of all the loads of laundry laying on his floor. Low and behold what do I find? His glasses. Mixed right in with all the junk treasures he had dumped from the burial box.

I was really frustrated and am trying to see the positive. I am thankful that we did not step on the glasses in our frantic search this morning.

4 comments:

Abby Jones said...

I just love that he named dead rabbits after us. How does this reflect how he views us?

Nancy said...

I am so sorry they did not make it.

Jamie said...

All I can hear running thru my head is Randy's comment, "bunnies are no work at all." I guess that's really true. Yuck.

Rhonda said...

Poor Abe! So sorry...