Did I tell you I'm in a book club? I love it. I love reading. I love the books. I love the girls in the book club. I love having somebody CHOOSE what I'm reading. Here is a run down of what I've read since January.
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. There is so much about the German occupation I did not know. This book is written entirely in letters. Very fun but kinda hard to follow. I found myself having to go back and see who wrote the letter and who it was written to. I would highly recommend to anybody.
The Knitting Circle. A very easy book to read. This was a sad story but very good. The charaters all had lots of drama and it kept me reading. I started this book on the way to Kansas City and finished it on the way back home.
The Help. This book was terrific! It is about a group of 23 year old woman and their hired help in Mississippi in the 60's. I think everybody should read this book. Eye opening. The cast of characters is amazing. If you have not read this - read it now.
A Girl Named Zippy. Word on the street is some of the book club members (I think we need to name our book club - don't you?) are having troubles with this book. I LOVED it. It took me a long time to read but I enjoyed it. Each chapter is a funny little short story about a girl growing up in Moorehead, Indiana. She just happened to be born in 1965 (same as yours truly). I would recommend it, however, the librarian told me she had trouble getting into it and actually never read it. Do you trust me or my local librarian? If you want to laugh (and possibly wet your pants) check it out.
Cane River. I'm just getting started on this. I was thrilled to get the hard cover off of Amazon. It looks like another good (albeit serious) good read. I'll let you know.
Go grab one of these and a cup of tea and enjoy the beautiful spring weather with a great book!
No comments:
Post a Comment