Monday, March 8, 2010

wonderful weekend

Do you know how many days I sail through without ever giving my activities a second thought? Let me tell you. Plenty! When I was thinking back on this weekend I am appreciating it for the second time. I loved living it the first time I am so thankful for it sitting here remembering.

Thursday after work I got a call from Annie. She was HAPPY and excited.  She was accepted into the Graphic Design program at school. I knew she would make it! I think one of the most rewarding parts of being a mother is watching your child see their wishes and dreams come true. What a wonderful way to start my weekend. Lots to be thanksful for Thursday.

Friday morning was spent in my happy place. I love the coffee shop and I enjoy being there with people I love. Friday evening was a movie night with friends. What a fabulous Friday.

Saturday I spent the day from sun up till sun down with my husband. We don't get to do that very often. We would have welcomed having our little tag-along with us but he chose Grandma & Papaw's house instead. I don't blame him. Papaw's buttered macaroni's were always one of my favorite foods, too.

Sunday we went to church. We had a guest speaker who was one of my favorite pastors from a long time ago. The perfect ending to a great weekend was going over to friends house for dinner and dessert.

Not every weekend is so enjoyable. I didn't want this one to slip away without appreciating it.

No comments: