Thursday, March 4, 2010

a lot of housekeeping and I got me no maid

....so I heard through the grapevine you miss me. Is that right? Who knew! My poor blog has been left in the dust while I tended to life. Ugh! Life. Facebook, skyping, e-mailing, texting....and all that jazz.

I will try and give you the readers digest version and then keep up from here on out. If I had a dime for everytime I said that - well - I'd be rich!

My baby girl turned 20. TWENTY! That has thrown me for a loop  We went and spent her birthday day with her. If I could do it all over again- I'd stay for evening festivities as well.

YMCA- I have been working hard to get into some sort of middle-aged shape. Phew. It's hard work and the hours are crazy- middle of the night (5:45 a.m.) and supper time (6:15 p.m.) I usually dread going but am oh-so-happy when I've made it through yet another workout class. I hate failure. Don't accept it much. So I'll keep on at it. Ick. My favorite class is Yoga. I love IT! We lay on our backs for the last 15 minutes. In the dark. Just lay there. Some people fall asleep. (Ok - one lady did one time) I would go every single day if I could.

I helped Annie set up her art booth. She is applying for the graphic design program at K-State and basically, I am her cheerleader. I go back and forth being stressed for her and feeling totally confident that she will be accepted. 16 spots. Over 32 applying. AND last semester they only accepted 9. They don't have to fill all 16 chairs. I remember the disappointment of failed cheerleader tryouts (me and Abby) and failed Arts Council Choir tryouts (Annie) and I can hardly take the rejection. I know God has a plan for her. A very good plan, too. She will be fine. Today, I am feeling very confident. She is an amazing artist. Lots of vision and talent.

Our neighbors moved. People are always on the move. Nobody can just stay put. Have you noticed that? They ARE just on the other end of town. Still - the dynamics of the block have changed a little. I'm sure the new neighbors are a good fit. Change and me - we don't go hand in hand.

We had our 26th (gasp!) wedding anniversary. That is so crazy for me to wrap my mind around. Just as bad as my baby girl being 20! When word on the street was we wouldn't make it a year (don't ask) I knew I would be married till I die. Now I'm praying for the end of time (sorry- I could not resist!) Don't you remember that Meatloaf song? It seems like we get used to one stage of life and then suddently we're catapulted into the next.

I am in my very first ever bookclub! (However, this is the THIRD book in this bookclub) I've been reading and reading. This month the book was very good-as they all have been. I would recommend it to any reader. The Help. The thing with me and books is I kinda get them mixed up with my real life. I start thinking and talking like them. AND I start to try and pick out people I thinks is like them, too. Law! I's gonna dedicate an in tire post to that bookclub. Pinky Swear!

Speaking of catapulted - I been shopping...for diapers, sleepers. All things baby. I'm going to be me a Granny ma. Law! Goodness-sakes-alive. I gots to get me some of those knee high panythose and some SAS comfy shoes. Me gottsa baby to run after! We are all waiting for September to come. I have decided that blessings come when you least expect them. We would love to see Abby and Jeff and Stella move closer to home (my home not theirs) before the special delivery but I know however we grandparent, near or far - we will find lots of joy in our growing family. (Don't tell Abby- I'm trying to stay out of the baby naming process but I'm leaning towards suggesting Mae Mobley if it's a girl)

I can't top that news so I'm outta here.

No comments: