The talk of New Years resolutions came up recently. I'm not much into those. Why? They are a sure set up for failure. A person such as myself, with perfectionist tendancies tend to go a tad overboard with things like resolutions. Suddenly it is January 16th and I haven't done one situp and I've eaten 16 boxes of hot tamales (one each day) and I still let people bug the crap out of me - I am still stuck in the laws of Moses. It's just too much for this old heart of my mine to handle. I am totally worthless and my life is totally worthless. I might as well just throw in the towel.
See? I am in the pit of depression and it's not even January 20. My solution to all this dispair? I just don't make any resolutions. That doesn't mean that I don't think about what I would if I was the type of person who would make a list if I could. I would love to. Heaven knows there is plenty for me to improve one. Ask my kids. I should just let them come up with mine. BUT I DO like to give thought about my list and what I would put on it. If I made one. But I don't. And I won't. Because I would fail and I would rather think of myself as a winner. I. am. a. winner.
Take this blog, for instance. I have practically been ignoring it. I could put "be a better blogger" on the top of my 2010 list. BUT my spell checker stopped working and I'm not so hot of a speller and it totally stressed me out. I dont want too look stoopid buy speling theengs oll rong sew eye jussed kinda gaive up on bloging four a whyle.
I really do have lots to say. Lots of thoughts running through my head.
I did not do a Christmas letter this year so I think I will blog my Christmas letter. I'll give that whirl and see if it can jump start my 2010.
Hey! I'll see YOU around the blogosphere.
1 comment:
Yay! You're back!
Post a Comment