Wednesday, January 20, 2010

facebook

These days everybody has a facebook. I LOVE facebook, myself. I love chatting with my friends who (whom?) I never see in “real life.” I enjoy seeing what everybody is up to. I know who is sick or who is having a good hair day. I have started noticing patterns with certain friends. Disclaimer: All identities have remained private to protect their privacy. I do apologize in advance if these are YOUR status updates. If it makes you feel better some are mine!

THE STALKER - This friend never has a status update and they never comment on other friends’ status. Maybe they don’t even get on facebook. They are so missing out!
For obvious reasons – there is no example

THE QUOTER – This friend has a different quote every day.
We are so often caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey!

THE LYRIC QUOTER-This friend always posts lyrics to songs. I am always thankful when somebody comments they like that song because I don’t know they are lyrics and I get them confused for The Cryptic or just think they are weird (see below)
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy

THE EVANGELICAL – This friend has prayer requests and/or scripture.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

THE POLITICAL - This friend has very strong political opinons.
Way to go Scott Brown! Make those Dem's squirm!!

THE CRYPTIC – This friend status updates just confuse me.
Is it all really worth it?
FRUSTRATED! (this is my own personal status update now)
UGH!

THE GAMER– This friend plays every single game. Don't even get me started on Farmville! It goes on and on and on…..
M. is offering energy packs to their Mafia!

THE DAILY DETAILER – This friend could make me feel guilty about how incredibly lazy I am. (This is not my personal facebook friend - but I have heard about these kind of friends second hand -through Sarah)
Did laundry 6:50am
Baked cookies 9:10am
Running to Target 11:15am
Lasagna in the oven for dinner 5:05pm
popcorn & movie with family 8:10pm
snuggling with freshly washed baby 9:29pm
GOOD NIGHT! 11:02pm

THE GIFT GIVER – They send you stuff for your facebook.
I just hit you with the Save Haiti Pillow


Have I missed any?

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Ugh!

Jamie said...

giggle!

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh...did you write this yourself??? It made me LOL (LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!) This is sooooooooooooooooooo true.

Nancy said...

I always have these people who break up with their boyfriends and then get back together. Then they go to "it's complicated." Then, "single." Then there are those that announce they are getting divorced on Facebook. I guess my "friends" are weirder than yours...

Stephanie said...

I currently have a friend with the "it's complicated" status and she is 9 months pregnant with her fourth child. How is THAT for weird?

Nancy said...

Okay, you win. But, there are some people I follow purely for the entertainment value...like the gal that breaks up with her boyfriend every week. I think she needs to lay off the booze...it appears that is an underlying theme in their argumemts. All FB users should follow her...just for fun.

Anonymous said...

Wow mom, impressive entry. Keep it up and you'll be the next Pioneer Woman!! Me and the roommies are currently making a blog which you can follow as well! I'll keep you posted!

Evy said...

Trying to figure out where you get all of this from...my side, Dad's side, you kids are all to clever to be mine :) I must have been gone when all of you were born and showed up later...LOL

Rhonda said...

I think I'm missing! Either that, or I'm too dumb to realize that one of those people is me! I would be the GET-A-LIFE PARENT: One who can't come up with anything original so I post what weird thing my kid just did or said.

Great post!