Merry Christmas!
I cannot believe that it is already two thousand and ten. Twenty Ten? I guess there is a great debate as to the proper way to say 2010. I guess time will tell!
In May we had a Griswold family vacation of sorts. We rented a van with my parents and headed to Chicago. Abby graduated from North Park University with a degree in Theology and Biblical Studies. She loves school so very much that she is working on her masters. Let me translate that for you. It means lots and lots and then a little more and then a lot more reading. Every time I call her she is READING! We are so proud of our little over achiever! We hope her eyesight makes it through Seminary. Jeff is a genius. We knew he was smart to want to join our family! He has been promoted at the Apple store to a genius status. We hear that is a pretty big deal in the Mac world. Not that I would know first hand because I don't own one but I take their word for it. We are proud to have him in our family. Stella is 7 going on 17. She is precious! Abe and Stella provide us with so much entertainment when they are together. They are showing a natural ability to recreate SNL skits. Stella has her own e-mail account and it makes my heart leap for joy when I have a special message just from her in my inbox. We can't wait until they can move closer to home and we can see them more! Like every day. I want to see Stella every.single.day. And maybe Jeff. Ok, and Abby, too.
Annie is a sophomore at K-State. She is our talented art major. She is always hard at work in the studio. I can call her at 2:00 pm - in the studio. Sometimes I will call at midnight - yep, in the studio. Over Christmas break she brought home lots of ceramic masterpieces to prove to me that she was not lying. She was really in. the. art. studio. She had to call us to break the awful news that she may not pass physics. In the final hour (week) she hired a tutor and called us rejoicing. She got an A! After all the stress she puts us through - she makes us proud. She is talented AND smart! And beautiful.
Abe continues to be...well....Abe. We can hardly believe that he is in the fourth grade. 4th GRADE? We better come up with more moolah for his college fund. He will be college bound before we can say two thousand and eighteen. Or Twenty Eighteen. Whatever! Anyways, he earned his second degree black belt and I continue to be in awe when I watch him kickin' it at Tae Kwan Do. He is a boy after my own heart (and Abby's)- he loves to read. He collects comic books and baseball cards and anything else he happens to have more than 2 of. This summer will be a new experience for our family. He is on a traveling baseball team. I can't wait to see how cute he is in the uniform! He is a perfect combination of both of his sisters. We adore him.
Randy had a little bit of a scare. A couple of weeks before Christmas he was told by his employer that as of January 1,2010 his job would be eliminated. We prayed and prayed and had lots of prayer warriors praying as well. We were trying to be OK with the fact that he would be self employed. You know that stuff about having faith? Where is that when you really need it? (I'm speaking only of myself here. Randy has the faith of North America, South America, Antarctica...) Anyways, in the final hour - they offered him another position. A Christmas Miracle is what we call that! Gotta have Faith! I have got to be better about that in 2010.
In January my work hours were cut back to four days because of the economy and lack of work. That turned out to be such a blessing I was not expecting. I NEVER want to go back to five days. I feel like my entire attitude turned around when I was able to have one day, every week, for myself. I also took a couple of college classes and somehow (a miracle) managed an A in both of them. I am so glad that is all over with! And Annie says I would never make it in college! ha!
We look forward to spending the holidays with family and friends. To reflect and remember that one night so long ago when God sent His only Son for whoever believes in Him to have everlasting life. And Peace. And Joy. All because of a little baby boy. Happy Birthday Baby Jesus!
May you experience the Blessings of Our Lord and Savior this Christmas Season and all the year through.
No comments:
Post a Comment