Tuesday, January 19, 2010

HELP! I've fallen and I can't get up.

This morning (in the umpteenth day of fog) I went to get the mail. And then I went to the coffee shop. And then I pulled into work. I opened my car door. I grabbed my NEW Vera Bradley. I grabbed my full steaming cup of Java. I stepped out. I went down. I went down really fast. I'm not sure I have ever fallen on the ice. If I have - it was in another life. I don't remember it. I fell fast. I fell hard. My back hit my running board. My back hit my running board really hard. Had my head hit instead of my back I think I would have been in a coma. Or worse - dead. Maybe. Maybe not. I think I would have been in a coma, for sure. Coffee went all over my coat. Coffee totally missed my NEW Vera Bradley. My do-not-wash-do-not-dry-clean Vera Bradley. I am so thankful for that because I don't really like my things to be dirty. sratched. dented. or full of coffee stains. My black coat will be OK.

Here is the rest of the story.....

My boss saw me pull up and since he almost fell earlier, he was going to warn me that the SIDEWALK was slick and to be careful. Guess who pulled me off the ice? Yep. My boss. I think he was horrified that he saw all of that happen. Me, too.

2 comments:

kranberry216 said...

The black ice these days is ridiculous. I almost fell on my back steps several times this weekend. I'm so glad you are ok - and that your vera bradley was saved! And how lucky you were to have a hand to help you up. I hope the day goes better for you. Be careful out there!

Jamie said...

Oh my. Glad you are ok.