Monday, January 31, 2011

home improvement update

We have been doing lots of painting. Randy HAS been painting. I have been doing lots of  WAITING for paint to dry. Do you know how incredibly boring watching paint dry is?

Yesterday after church the painting projects were all wrapped up. Now the fun begins! I get to put it all back together. I love doing that. It means before long I will have candles lit. Music on. Coffee in hand. I will be in one recliner and Randy will be in the other.

So - the the living room was all empty and we were going to wash the wood floors. I was out of wood cleaner but find a brand new bottle of wood rejuvenater in the pantry. Randy was excited to rejuvenate our tired looking wood and he went to town on mopping the floor. Half way through he asked me to look at the bottle and see what the drying time was on the stuff. Drying time?

When it's dry it's dry - right?

I read the bottle and about fell over. 24 hours before moving furniture and rugs and heavy traffic. WHAT?? I was ready to put my room together right that minute! Not 24 hours. Honestly - it might as well have said 24 years at this point.

Now I get to watch the wood floor dry. Jeez.  

Another thing - I emptied a china cabinet and a book case to move them to different rooms. Randy and I moved them and I reloaded them with stuff and I hated where I moved them.  So when I get home today - I am unloading and we are moving them back.

By that time my living room floor should be dry for me to put the rug down and finish putting it all back together.

I am so sick of projects I could scream and I always start out so excited.

My excitement is always so short lived.

No comments: