Tuesday, January 25, 2011

established 2005

We moved into our current house six years ago this week.

I will never forget that week. It's the week from H.E. double toothpicks.  I just wanted to take control of my life back.

Moving is NEVER a sane thing to do but when you throw in a few wild cards it is crazier than ever. 

We took possession of our house a week early to do a few projects. Those included painting 4 bedrooms (trim and walls) and hall trim and walls so carpet could be laid before we moved in.  Painted all our kitchen cabinets and our basement walls before moving in. Call us crazy - we are for sure. I will never - I repeat NEVER will redo a house while moving in.

Our kids had the stomach flu.

I had buyers remorse.

My grandma had open heart surgery and then passed away from complications. All preparations were done for her funeral in the midst of our move.

Because my grandma was in the hospital my mom and dad could not help us at all. (for obvious reasons - I still  missed them terribly during all the chaos)

We had so much support and help from wonderful friends and family. An awesome moving crew. Looking back we never could have managed without all those wonderful folks!

Did I mention I had buyers remorse? I can't hardly buy a candy bar without regretting it and we had just moved to a different house? And to make matters much worse - I could just look out my front door and see my old house. Makes a girl like me a little batty.

Fast forward to day..all is well! Life is good. I no longer have buyers remorse.

We are celebrating six years in this home by painting. Over half of the interior of our house. Well.....Randy is painting but I picked the color. Isn't that the most important job anyways?

I'm glad we are here. Glad that week is a long time ago memory. Thankful that I have such a beautiful house to call our home.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Make sure you post pictures!