I think Valentine's is way more fun as a child. Party at school. Usually very pretty decorated cupcakes. Lots of PINK and red napkins and plates. Fun decorated valentines boxes for all the candy and cards. I remember how much I LOVED coming home from school and going through my candy and cards. Love LOved LOVED it!!
Since becoming a parent (forever ago) I have always loved celebrating valentines as a family. Not to say we haven't gone out as adults only on February 14 but I prefer to celebrate with my kids and their dad.
The tradition started years ago when a take and bake pizza place had very cheap heart shaped pizzas on valentines day. If you know me - you know I am a traditionalist. So heart shaped pizza and candlelight became our family valentine's dinner.
I've been gluten free three (CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?) years and these days Randy makes our homemade heart shaped pizza. It's even better than those pre-made pizzas from years ago.
Tonight, somewhere between taekwando, play practice and baseball practice, we will have a pizza dinner by candlelight. And a homemade chocolate cake (my treat to them)
Me and my boys.
That makes my heart very happy.
2 comments:
I wish I was joining you! I also really enjoyed joining on your Valentine's date a few years ago when I was oh so lonely for a date! It may be one of my fondest Vday memories :).
We will always welcome you to join us!
Post a Comment