I knew it would be better today. The wind has died down. The sun is shining. AND tonight is book club! Which means my home will be filled with friends, laughter and books and snacks and more laughing and fun times. I loved a Girl Named Zippy.
What is ailing me isn't terminal. However, I feel like the entire town has cancer. My boss is spending what could be one of the last days with his dad. They called in hospice and arranged for him to come home today. They have been getting the house ready for his return. A sad turn of events, however. He is not healthy enough to leave the hospital. I feel awful for him. His mom is still recovering from her own cancer surgery.
So I am looking at Randy's job as a blessing. And I'm looking at the choices my big kids make as their own even when it indirectly involves me. And I'm moving on. Forward from tears. Forward from sadness.
Because today I woke up. I worked out. I ate breakfast with my favorite 9 year old. I kissed my husband good-bye. I drove to work in the sunshine (in a very dirty vehicle). I'm having company tonight. Tomorrow is Friday and I have the day off.
I'm not sure what the future holds but today I am good.
For those of you who checked in on me - Thank you. I appreciate your love, concern and friendship.
1 comment:
It is AMAZING what sunshine and a new day can do to someone!
Post a Comment