Thursday, September 3, 2009

Romeo

Him: Mom, when you were in the fourth grade did you like anybody?
I don't think he means did I have any friends.

Me: Are you asking me if I liked a boy?

Him: Yep. Did you like a boy.

Me: No I did not.
There is no way I am going to let this drop until I have asked him a thing or two.

Me: Is there a girl that you like?

Him: Yep.
I was in debate - I am a good cross examiner!

Me: Does she like you, too?

Him: Yep.

Me: How do you know she likes you?

Him: It's complicated. There are chases on the playground at recess. I can't really explain it.

Me: Do you write notes?

Him: Yep but they usually get stolen or torn up. I also have three backups.

Me: Three BACKUPS?

Him: Yes. There are three other girls who like me. One of them I don't even know. She is somebody's cousin who goes to another school and likes me.

Me: RANDY!!!!!

5 comments:

Abby Jones said...

3 BACKUPS?! Good grief!

Nancy said...

And you thought things would slow down with Annie in college...

Rhonda said...

I LOVE it! Who told us boys would be easier?!

Jamie said...

I have no doubt he'll have backups around every corner!!

Smuddpie said...

I'm way behind on my blog reading, but this was too funny! I love it. He needs backup???