Back in January when my boss cut my hours from 5 days to 4, I was very surprised. It caught me off guard. It has turned out to be a blessing. I love having my Fridays off.
Work has not picked up as expected so the decision was made to let Heather go. She has been here for 3 years and was a huge help to me. Yesterday was her last day. It has been really hard for me. Much harder than I expected. She is a great person and I loved having her here. I will miss having her down the hall from my office. I will miss laughing with her about things we heard on the radio. I will miss hearing about all her adventures down on the farm.
Stupid economy.
When I was sharing with Annie and Abe how the afternoon was so terrible for me, I was surprised to see how upset Abe was. I had to laugh when I found out why. "How will we get our brown eggs?" I assured him that Heather will still bring me her farm fresh brown eggs we have all grown to love.
I still have a job and Randy has two. But for everybody that does not - I feel compassion. Gut wrenching sadness. The American dream may be harder to come by. If you work hard and are responsible and dependable you will have a job. That was then. This is now.
Stupid economy.
1 comment:
That is so sad!
Post a Comment