Monday, July 27, 2009

Hate is a strong word. Hate is the perfect word.

Seriously. I cannot believe that this week turns into August. AUGUST! That means back to school.

This year will be yet another year of transition at our house. Changes I am not looking forward to at all. I hate change. I hate schedules. I hate when school starts.

Abe goes into fourth grade. FOURTH grade! Annie was in fourth grade when Abe was born so I know exactly how old fourth grade is. My baby, my little hug-a-bug, my little buddy is in the 4th grade.

Annie moves back to Manhattan in a couple of weeks. She has an apartment so that means her weekend home trips won't be as frequent. It also means that she will probably be getting a part-time job there and won't be as "free" to just hang out as she was last year. I remember her move into Goodnow Hall like it was yesterday. YESTERDAY! It has been an entire year! My fourth grader is now a sophomore in college.

Abby starts the masters program at North Park next month. She LOVES school. I don't think she ever wants to be out of school. That is probably why she is going to be a teacher.

In my house the kids look forward to school starting and it's the mom who hates it.

I HATE AUGUST!

No comments: