Sometimes I think I missed half the "girly" genes. I am not dying to hold every single baby I see (unlike all the other girls I know) and I am also not that into valentines day.
That said - What I do love are family traditions. And our valentine tradition for years and years was a candlelight dinner with our little valentines and heart shaped pizza (made by my valentine) Randy worked last night and that left me in charge of the pizza. I did not make it heart shaped (not my talent) and Abe was super sad. He had already told me it did not feel like valentines day to him at all.
Apparently - valentines day to a 11 year old boy is bringing home a shoebox filled with CANDY. Now that is love.
What I do love a lot is decorating my house. And what a more fun holiday than one filled with lots of red, pink and hearts.
The cutest tea towel EVER. (in my opinion) I am sad to put it away.
My favorite candy. These are Brachs red cinnamon hearts. Hard to find. I can only find them at Target.
Randy has my missing "girly" genes. He always gives me a Rose AND he loves babies. All babies.
Our little candle lit pizza party. My treat was a glass of wine with dinner. Randy's was coffee and Abe had ginger ale. I did get my boys their favorite - Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
(I should have ironed that tablecloth)
If you are a true romantic and celebrated all day long or if you are like me and are kinda glad it's all over - I hope your day was full of love. (and hopefully every day from here on out)
xo
1 comment:
Cute post! I love the comment about the table cloth. Made me smile. And I'm also a little sad that Randy...with his baby loving gene hasn't seen my baby! You always do a great job of traditions! Love it!
Post a Comment