Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Year in Review

Christmas letters are defintiely controversial. I happen to love them. Each one I got I read several times. I laughed. I smiled. They are the highlight of my Christmas season. I have sent letters in the past but did not even send a card this year. Suddenly it was Christmas and I was so unprepared. Had I been on top of my game - it may have looked like this:

Last Christmas Randy's job was eliminated.  It was an awful couple of weeks. I'm not sure I ever accepted the changes that were forced upon our family but I was working really hard to hold my head up. Then he went in to sign for his severence package.  Then his employer offered him another job! Praise God! We were not going to be self employed. I felt like my world went from dark to light in about five minutes.

Annie was accepted into the Graphic Design program at Kansas State University! This was a huge accomplishment. Our family knew of her talents but it is always nice to have that confirmed by "professionals." She is in her junior year and we are super duper proud of her!

Abe started fifth grade. It is his last year of elementary school. This makes me super duper sad. I can't believe our baby will be in middle school next year. Abe played on a tournament baseball team this summer. It was a blast. He prefers to be the catcher. He is playing again next summer so we will once again be busy. He is also a second degree black belt. We tease him that his hands are lethal weapons. He is my gamer, computer fixer, nerf shooting little buddy!

We bought a very old camper in the spring. I grew up camping and knew how many memories we could make with Abe. We love camping with his cousins and his friends. We are already looking at which weekends we are going to book for next summer. 

I made 4 trips to Chicago this year. FOUR! We welcomed the newest little star to our family tree - Lucy Irene! She is precious. She is edible. She is adorable. Her big sister Stella is in the third grade. Stella is in her schools concert choir and in an afterschool spanish program. I love when she speaks spanish to me! Jeff still goes to school and works at an Apple store. Abby is in her second year of seminary, works part time and is a new mommy. THAT makes even me tired.

I've heard that life happens when your making other plans. I have tried to be open and flexible this year. Open to what God has planned for me and not so much what I think I should be doing.

I'm looking forward to a new year spent with family and friends. What else is there?

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Yay, you're back!!!!!