Monday, June 1, 2009

he makes me laugh

Abe has the most marvelous gift of a sense of humor. Just by being himself he makes me smile. Maybe it is because he talks. A lot. He talks a lot. All the time, really. So the odds are good that something silly is just around the bend.

Just recently:

After seeing the sign Sorry, we are closed, he asked us what if a store was so awful that the sign hanging in the window would say, "Sorry, we are open."

He asked my dad what if a clown went home after work and said, "I really hate my job!"

He just got back from a long weekend with his grandparents and his cousin. The entire 5 hour ride to Branson he sat in the sun. He told his cousin that he was not going to sit in the sun all the way home and they were going to change seats. Guess what? He was in the sun the entire way home!

At McDonald's he ordered a McMuffin. And coffee. Black.

We have been trying to figure out his hair. He wants it long and it usually looks awful. Last night it looked really good. I asked him what he did different. Did he put some of Grandma's hair gel in? He said, "I don't think I did anything different. I think what you are referring to is called SWEAT!" That is really very gross. Funny but gross.

No comments: